One of the major players in the mirrorless camera and lens market, OM Digital Solutions is celebrating the second anniversary of the arrival of the OM System brand, with the celebrations starting today. These include cashback deals on major cameras and lenses, the chance to win an Iceland voyage and more.
As part of this milestone event, the company has shifted its brand direction to emphasise its connection with nature, or more specially, how photographers can use their chosen art form to take inspiration and joy from the natural world.
OM System has also worked in a Japanese spiritual tradition. ‘Today, we unveil our compass, Kacho Fugetsu,’ explained CEO Akihiko Murata. ‘It’s a centuries old Japanese tradition that embodies the joy and excitement found in immersing oneself in the wonders of nature and everything related to it… it serves as a philosophy that ignites creativity, urging us to document beauty and moments spent outdoors.’
While the concept of Kacho Fugetsu may not be that familiar to westerners, elements of it are found in ‘forest bathing,’ which has become increasingly popular in recent years.
See the YouTube video below for more explanation, with Olympus ambassadors – including regular AP contributor Andrew Fusek Peters – discussing their relationship with nature and photography, and how the two intertwine.
Win a voyage with OM System
In addition, OM System has unveiled a series of promotions as part of the anniversary celebrations.
First up is the opportunity to win a voyage for two, exploring the natural windows of Iceland, from August 10th-15th, 2024. The voyage is worth $18,000 ($14,850) and the winner also gets an OM System OM-5.
Rather unusually for a photography competition, it involves writing – in this case expressing what nature means to you, in 100 words or less. Entries close on Monday November 13th, and full details can be found here.
OM System camera cashback scheme
The company is also running a cashback scheme from today until November 2nd, with the opportunity to make significant savings on a couple of bodies (click the previous link for full terms and conditions). See below for lens cashback details.
OM System OM-1: £350 cashback
What we said: ‘The refinements made with the OM-1, along with the improved image quality, features, and improved video options, makes this camera a real joy to use, with the updated menu systems another welcome change,’
OM System OM-5: £250 cashback
What we said: ‘A variety of updates that make the OM-5 even more compelling, including improved weather-sealing, and image stabilisation. A few other tweaks and additions make this a great camera for photographers, including built-in LiveND. For those that want to travel light without carrying a tripod, you can now use the handheld hi-res mode to capture 50MP images.’
OM System lens cashback scheme
There are more cashback offers on the lens range. Here are the lenses covered by the £200 cashback promotion
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital 40-150mm F2.8 PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm F4.0 PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm F2.8 PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO II
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4.0 PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm F4 IS PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 17mm F1.2 PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm F1.2 PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm F1.2 PRO
Here are the lenses covered by the £100 cashback promotion
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm F4.0 PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm F1.4 PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 II
- M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8
- M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
- M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1:8
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm F2.0
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3
- M.Zuiko Digital 14-150mm F4.0-5.6 II
Last but not least you can also get £50 back on the M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R
Online and offline events
OM System has also organised a series of online and offline events with ambassadors around the world, taking place from today until November 2nd (note the physical workshops only take place from today until October 29th). In the UK, for example, top wildlife photographer Rob Cottle is running a workshop on October 28th (tomorrow) at the Slimbridge Wetland Centre in Gloucestershire.
- Olympus OM-1 review
- OM System OM-5 review
- Bird photography with the OM-1
- Best Micro Four Thirds lenses