After analysing more than 470 million photos uploaded on Flickr, a new study from SimpleGhar has revealed the most used cameras by photographers around the world. It has found that Apple is the most popular photography device brand worldwide, with the Apple iPhone 11 as the most popular model.
The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR was crowned as the world’s most popular standalone camera, with the Sony A7 III and Canon EOS Mark III completing the top three and Canon being the most popular brand overall. The study also looked at the most used camera and smartphone camera in each country.
For this study, SimpleGhar analysed up to 5,000 of the most recent photos uploaded to Flickr in the world’s 100 most populated countries. This data was collected in March 2023. They then ranked which camera and camera phone model was tagged most often as the device used to take the photos within each country.
Curious to find out what the most popular cameras and smartphone cameras are in your country according to this study? We have a look at a few below:
Most popular cameras according to Flickr photos:
- US: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.
- UK: Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
- Ireland: Canon EOS R3.
- Australia: Canon EOS R5.
- Singapore: Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
- Japan: Canon EOS R3.
- China: Canon EOS R5.
- India: Nikon D750.
- France: Fujifilm X-S10.
- Spain: OM System OM-1.
- Nigeria: Nikon D5.
- South Africa: Panasonic DMC FZ1000.
- Mexico: Canon EOS Rebel T5i.
- Brazil: Canon EOS R5.
Most popular smartphone cameras according to Flickr photos:
- US: iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Canada: iPhone 13 Pro.
- Ireland: iPhone 8.
- New Zealand: iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- India: iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- Spain: iPhone 6 Plus.
- Mexico: iPhone 12 Pro.
- Philippines: iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- Japan: iPhone 13 Pro.
- China: iPhone 11.
- Egypt: iPhone 12 Pro.
- Nigeria: Samsung 7T.
- Leica SL2 is now available in silver!
- Firefly for Adobe Illustrator announced: Adobe’s AI editing tools showcased at major London event
- New Fujifilm Instax SQ40 is a square format instant camera with retro look
- Birmingham Pride 2023: photography shadowing experience