Panasonic first announced the Panasonic Lumix G100D in Japan, and it is now expected to be available in the US from the 31 January. The G100D is an upgrade to the Lumix G100 which is among the best Panasonic cameras. It features a new USB Type-C port and an updated OLED electronic viewfinder.
By switching the Panasonic Lumix G100’s USB 2.0 Micro-B port for a USB-C Type 2.0 port in the G100D, this new camera complies with the EU’s common charger directive that is set to be implemented from 28 December 2024.
The Panasonic Lumix G100D camera with a Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 lens will be available to buy for $747.99. It is already available to buy in the UK for £619. However, if you want to save yourself some money, you can find the original Panasonic Lumix G100 from $547.99 with lens at Amazon.com, or £505 with lens and tripod grip at Amazon UK.
Panasonic Lumix G100/G100D at a glance:
- 20.3MP Micro Four Thirds sensor
- ISO100-ISO25600 available (extended)
- 3inch 1.84M dot vari-angle touchscreen
- 3.68M-dot equiv, 0.73x magnification, electronic viewfinder
- 49 AF points (contrast detection)
- 4K video recording
We reviewed the original Panasonic Lumix G100 / G110, and had this to say about it, in our full G100 review:
“The Panasonic Lumix G100 comes at a very competitive price, with a set of features that is bound to appeal to those that want the freedom to create moving or still images, using a camera that they can take everywhere.”
- Panasonic Lumix G100 vlogging kit sees price drop!
- Panasonic Lumix G100 / G110 Review
- Best cameras for video
- Best vlogging tips and how to get started