Fujifilm have released the Fujifilm Instax Pal as part of their Instax range, which includes some the best instant cameras and printers. This camera is notably a very small 4.9MP all-digital camera with an ultra-wide lens and built-in Bluetooth to send pictures to Instax printers. Despite looking like an instant GoPro however, this camera does not shoot video.
There are already hybrid digital and analogue cameras in the Instax range, but unlike the Instax Mini Evo, which works like a digital camera but also allows you to print selected photos in Instax Mini film directly from the camera, the Instax Pal is a digital camera that connects via Bluetooth to an Instax Mini Link 2 smartphone printer to print photos. In the UK, there will be the choice to connect your Instax Pal to the Fujifilm Link Wide and Square smartphone printers.
The Instax Pal will be available to buy from 5 October in the UK and late October in the US for $199.95 (with printer and 10-pack of Instax Mini film)/ £89.99-£104.99 in five colours (Milky White, Powder Pink, Pistachio Green, Lavender Blue, and Gem Black).
Fujifilm Instax Pal key features:
- 4.9MP camera
- Up to 50 images with built-in storage
- 1 USB-C port
- 1 Micro SD slot
- Approx. 350 shots on a charge
- Bundle includes camera, printer, downloadable app; uses Instax Mini film
- How to get started in film photography
- New Polaroid I-2 high-end instant camera
- Kodak Ektar H35N Half Frame film camera released
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 Review