Calibrite has announced the new ColorChecker Passport Video 2, a colour calibration target aimed at hybrid users shooting both photography and video. It features a Video Color Target, 3-step Greyscale Target, White Balance Card and the original colour checker target formula the Classic 24 patch target.
An essential tool for capturing and editing colours more accurately, widely used in product, fashion, and portrait photography and videography. Even though The ColorChecker Passport Video 2 features the same four targets as the older ColorChecker Passport Duo version, it is on the market at a more affordable price. The Passport Video 2 is available from calibrite.com and other major photo and video retailers for $139 / £115.83.
ColorChecker Passport Video 2 – Key features:
- Video Color Target: four rows of colour chips including patches designed to use with vectorscopes both in-camera and in post-production.
- Chromatic Colours: six chips specifically designed to align with the colour axis on a vectorscope
- Skin Tones: ranging from light to dark with subtle undertones
- Linear Grayscale: six steps for even grey balance, including highlight and shadow regions
- Highlight and Shadow Greys: six black and white patches, including a high gloss black, to capture the full range of your video camera
- 3-step Greyscale Target: includes white, 40IRE grey and high gloss black that can act as a black trap when positioned without reflection
- White balance card: a spectrally neutral target to eliminate colour casts
- Classic 24 patch target: one-click colour correction in DaVinci Resolve software, still camera profiles using Calibrite Camera Calibration software.
- Size: 125 x 90mm / 5 x 4incaption:The Calibrite ColorChecker Video 2 features a new user-customisable panel to write a name or other identifying information. Image: Calibrite
- Compatibility: Calibrite’s Camera Calibration software works on both Mac and Windows PCs, either as a standalone application or a Lightroom plug-in
From Calibrite, Friday 20th October, 2023 (Birmingham, UK): Calibrite have launched the ColorChecker Passport Video 2, building on X-Rite’s colour science, the next stage in Calibrite’s evolution of the original ColorChecker Passport range. ColorChecker Passport Video 2 includes both video patches for use with vectorscopes either in-camera or in post-production, a 3-step greyscale target including pure white, 40 IRE grey, and glossy black, and of course, the white balance card, all of which were available in the original ColorChecker Passport Video. The addition to ColorChecker Passport Video 2 is a Classic 24 patch target, the original ColorChecker target formula, that can be used for one-click colour correction in DaVinci Resolve software and is the target used to create still camera profiles using Calibrite Camera Calibration software.
With the ever-growing need for professional hybrid products, Calibrite recognises the need for a dual colour correction tool to meet the needs of professional videographers and photographers alike. The essential target tools contained in ColorChecker Passport Video 2 allow you to carry only the ColorChecker Passport – compact, durable and portable, for the busy lifestyle of the hybrid shooter.
“Over the years, as photographers have transitioned to shooting both still and video, photographers have asked us for one Passport that provides the essential tools these hybrid creatives need. Today, we introduce one Passport that provides colour control for still photography and video.”
– Brenda Hipsher, VP of Sales and Marketing for Calibrite.
New ColorChecker Passport Video 2 – For Video
Specifically designed for today’s video production workflow, the Video Color target includes four rows of colour chips designed for video capture and editing, including patches designed for use with vectorscopes. This target provides the essential colours needed for colour matching of multiple cameras and speeds up colour grading. The 3-step greyscale target provides an enhanced grayscale for achieving ideal camera exposure for in camera and post-production, including white, 40IRE grey and high gloss black that can act as a black trap when positioned without reflection. The white balance target is a spectrally neutral target that provides a reference allowing in-camera white balance that can assist with live feed camera matching. Using DaVinci Resolve software, the 24-patch classic target allows one-click colour correction within the software.
New ColorChecker Passport Video 2 – For Photo
The 24-patch Classic ColorChecker target, first introduced in 1976, is included with ColorChecker Passport Video 2. Using camera calibration software combined with the 24-patch classic target for still photography, users can produce custom DNG and ICC profiles of a camera’s response to scene lighting for consistent, predictable, and repeatable results from image-to-image and camera-to-camera. The white balance target is a spectrally neutral target that provides a consistent reference point across mixed lighting conditions encountered during a shoot for in-camera white balance when shooting both still and video, especially when using multiple camera types on a shoot.
This pocket-sized ColorChecker Passport Video 2 is ready for any video or photo challenge, measuring only 125 x 90mm/5 x 4in. Whether travelling a short distance or around the world, never leave home without it. The rugged resin case holds and protects the four targets from light and abrasion, extending its lifespan. The redesigned Passport Video 2 case now includes the name on the outside and a user-customisable panel to write a name or other identifying information.
Reclaim your gamut with the latest update to Calibrite PROFILER software!
Calibrite continue to invest in the development of their intuitive Calibrite PROFILER software, having recently released the latest version, which is fully compatible with macOS 14.0 Sonoma and when used with Calibrite’s advanced sensors found in their HL devices, you can achieve the full gamut potential of all mini-LED, LED and Apple XDR panels.
The Calibrite PROFILER v1.2.4 is available now and is free to all Calibrite device owners. Calibrite also supports X-Rite i1 hardware devices; X-Rite users who are yet to upgrade can get the new software for only £8.99 and benefit from Calibrite‘s industry-leading innovation.
Download Calibrite PROFILER v1.2.4 today from calibrite.com.
Passport Video 2 is available from calibrite.com and other major photo and video retailers.
- How to do colour grading: get cinematic shots
- How to use colour creatively in your photography
- How to get perfect colours – white balance explained
- Photo editing masterclass: how to enhance colours