Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 at a glance:
- 12.1 million effective pixels
- Four Thirds Live MOS sensor
- Micro Four Thirds lens mount
- 1280×720-pixel video at 30fps
- Street price around £455 (with 14-42mm lens)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 review – Introduction
A recent AP online poll revealed that of the five Micro System Camera (MSC) systems currently available, AP website users have the most faith in Panasonic’s. This is despite the fact that Olympus has a longer history in photography and that Ricoh, Samsung and Sony use larger (APS-C-sized) sensors rather than the 17.3x13mm Four Thirds-type device employed by Panasonic. In its favour, though, Panasonic was the first manufacturer to enter the MSC market and, more importantly, it has proved that it can make decent small cameras that produce high-quality images.