We’re offering one lucky amateur music photographer to shoot at BST Hyde Park music festival with photography legend Dave Hogan on 7th and 8th July 2023 – using the latest Nikon Z8 and Z lenses.
What will you win?
- A money-can’t-buy opportunity for one lucky amateur music photographer to shoot the BST Hyde Park festival with top music photographer Dave ‘Hogie’ Hogan – winner of this year’s Legend of Photography award at this year’s Music Photographer of the Year awards.
- Special access to the photographers’ pit and backstage where you’ll shadow Hogie for the weekend and have the opportunity to get up to close and photograph some of the biggest stars of the music world, including Bruce Springsteen and Lana Del Rey.
- Loan of the latest Nikon Z8 mirrorless camera and Z system lenses, kindly provided by Nikon.
- Dave will be on hand to share his tips and advice to get the best shots.
- After the event a selection of your images will be published in Amateur Photographer magazine (which is read by over 120,000 people per week) and on our website and social channels.
The lucky winner will arrive at BST Hyde Park on the morning of Saturday 7th July, where they will be met by Hogie and presented with their press pass for the weekend, as well as their Nikon camera kit. Food and refreshments will be provided for the day, and a hotel close to Hyde Park will be provided for the Saturday night.
The Nikon Z8 kit
You’ll be among the first photographers in the UK to be able to shoot with Nikon’s brand new mirrorless camera, the Z8, for the weekend, along with a set of the latest Z lenses to go with it. The Z8 features all the best bits of the company’s flagship Z9 but in a smaller form factor.
Find out more about this remarkable camera in our First Look.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a keen amateur music photographer with a good portfolio of live music photography, which could be taken at big arenas or small local venues, festivals and similar events. We’re not looking for big stars – we’re more interested in the quality of the pictures rather than the profile of the subjects. The competition is open only to amateur or student photographers based in the UK. Professional photographers, and photographers outside of the UK, are not eligible. Travel will be at the winner’s expense, but all costs once at the venue will be covered by Amateur Photographer.
How to enter
Simply fill out our entry form with your details and up to 50 words why you would like to win, including at least one link to your social media and portfolio. The closing date is Sunday 25th June 2023.
Find out more and see terms & conditions here.