Fujifilm has introduced the Instax Square S40, a new addition to its Instax Square instant cameras with the retro look of the Instax Mini 40. Like Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 that was released earlier this year, the Instax SQ40 will also offer the same automatic exposure modes to balance the ambient light and the SQ40’s built-in flash to create an evenly lit instant print. The camera will be available to buy for $149.96 / £134.99 by the end of June.
Fujifilm also launched a new brown colour option for its Fujifilm Instax Mini Evo hybrid instant camera and the Instax Square “Sunset” variety of instant film Fujifilm has said is inspired by ‘the gentle gradation of the colors in the sky during a sunset’. The new Sunset film will cost $15.75 / £10.99 and will be released alongside the SQ40 at the end of June. The new colour version of the Instax Mini Evo will also be available for purchase at the end of June. It can be pre-ordered now and will cost $199.95 / £174.99.
Fujifilm Instax SQ40 key features
- Reverse Galilean finder, 0.4x, with target spot
- Standard, Selfie shooting modes.
- Automatic exposure
- Film – Fujifilm Instant Colour Film “instax SQUARE” (separately available)
- Film – Size 86mm x 72mm Picture Size 62mm x 62mm
- Uses two lithium batteries (CR2)
- 134.2 mm × 120.2 mm × 60.5 mm
- 453 g (without batteries, strap, and film)
To find out more, check out the Fujifilm website.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 Review
- How to get started in film photography: a beginners guide
- Best Fujifilm cameras to buy in 2023
- This summer: shoot film, shush your inner perfectionist