Isle of Skye with Jeremy Walker
16-19 February 2023
Location: Isle of Skye, Scotland
Isle of Skye is one of the top locations to visit in Scotland. As paradise for landscape photographers it is like no other place in the UK, with stunning landscapes of rugged mountains, spectacular waterfalls and a remarkable coastline.
Join internationally recognised landscape pro Jeremy Walker as he shows you the best of Skye, including the iconic Old Man of Storr, the Quiraing and dramatic Cuillin Hills, the Fairy Pools Waterfalls and Neist Point Lighthouse.
Jeremy will be on hand to offer personal guidance out in the field, lectures, and constructive criticism on your photos.
- Sligachan river and the Old Bridge
- Visit picturesque locations including Cuillin Hills and it’s range of dramatic mountains, Neist Point Lighthouse, the Trotternish ridge and the high cliffs of the Quiraing.
- Fairy Pools waterfalls, old ruined boats at Loch Harport and the ruins of Duntulm Castle will make incredible subjects within your landscape photographs.
- Experience Talisker Bay at sunset and the stunning landscape around Fairy Glen.
- Photograph The Old Man of Storr and get ‘the’ classic shot of the Isle of Skye.
- Visiting in February means you will be able to capture the snow, a sky with dramatic clouds and stunning winter landscapes.
- Personal tuition by Jeremy Walker
Isle of Skye Itinerary
Day 1 (16/2) – Arrival in Isle of Sky and Lecture
Late in the afternoon we gather at our hotel in small village of Portree where you are met and greeted by Jeremy Walker and a host from Zoom Photo Tours. Before dinner Jeremy will do a location briefing for the coming days. He will also give you tips and advice on what you should think about when we are out on location. The evening will end with a dinner. (D)
Day 2-3 (17-18/2) – Photographing around Isle of Skye
The program would be subject to change when taking into account the weather and tides. Due to this the day by day program can be changed. We therefore present the photo highlights during the tour and not what day we will be visiting them.
A general rule of thumb is that we would be covering all the ‘must see’ locations on Skye. Jeremy will be there to help you with personal guidance when we are out photographing and but also help you during photo editing and to give you constructive criticism on your photos as well as general photo chat in the bar. Lunches will be served at the hotel or as a packed lunch. All dinner will be served at the hotel. (B, L, D)
Day 4 (19/2) – Morning photography and editing
In the early morning we will do our last photo session at the Cuillin Hills before we return to the hotel for breakfast. After breakfast we will gather in the conference room, for a Q&A session before we say our farewells and depart. (B)
Price: £1295 (£1195 for AP subscribers)
- Transport during the holiday.
- Accommodation in a shared twin room (£220 supplement for single rooms).
- Meals according to itinerary (Breakfast – B, Lunch – L, Dinner -D).
- All photo activities according to the program.
- Participation by Jeremy Walker throughout the workshop.
- English speaking travel host from Zoom Photo Tours.
- Hotel and other local taxes.
- Travel documents and other travel information.
Excluded: Personal expenses and travel insurance
What do I need to bring?
- A camera
- Lenses – we recommend wide-angle lenses of at least 24mm and telephoto lenses of up to 200mm
- A tripod
- Extra batteries and charger
- Waterproofs – for yourself and your camera!
- A laptop with photo editing software
A more detailed equipment list will be provided in the information material you will receive prior to the trip.